The services destined to immigrants are all those services that address non-resident in Zambia citizens and persons from abroad, willing to visit Zambia for a specific purpose, to obtain residence in Zambia or to transit Zambia’s territory. Prior to entering Zambia, it is necessary to obtain a Visa and it may be necessary to obtain a specific permit, which would cover a certain type of one’s activity in Zambia or the specific necessity of visiting.

The visa and other services specific to immigrants may be requested online, as they are available as electronic services on the Governmental Electronic Services Portal – ZamServices portal ( It confers to you the possibility to apply for the service at any time, from anywhere, on any device connected to the Internet.

Applying online for electronic service is simple and fast: just fill in the electronic forms, upload the requested supporting documents and pay for the service online. The results are delivered also online.

The applications for e-Visa and other permits destined to immigrants are received and processed by the Zambia Department of Immigration (ZDI), which in turn, issues the requested permits. The Zambia Department of Immigration is empowered to issue different immigration permits, such as:

  • Residence Permit,
  • Spouse Permit,
  • Diplomatic Permit,
  • Cross Border Permit,
  • Temporary Permit,
  • Transit Permit,
  • Asylum Seeker’s Permit and others.

For more information, please, address to ZDI using the following contacts:

Headquarters’ Address
Kent Building, Haile Selassie Road
P.O. Box 50300, Lusaka, Zambia

+260 211 255282 (Public Relations Office)
+260 211 252622 (Customer Service Center)


Any person who wants to move to Zambia, to transit through Zambia, or to stay for a short period in Zambia, but is not a Zambian citizen – needs to get an Immigration Permit. A Residence Permit, for example, is issued under some conditions and confers permanent residence in Zambia to the holder. A Spouse Permit, for instance, can be issued to the spouse of a Zambian Citizen; the Temporary Permit is issued, in most cases, to prohibited immigrants; the Transit Permit is issued to drivers of commercial trucks and their crew, etc. 

Related categories

For Drivers

Public electronic services related to drivers and vehicles registration

For Employees

Public electronic services related to work force employment

For Retirees

Public electronic services for retirees and people approaching the retirement age

View all sub-categories